November 2, 2008

A Personal Note

On a bit more of a personal note, today’s post is dedicated to my grandfather, Olen Arms. On Wednesday, October 29th, 2008 he passed away unexpectedly and went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

My Papa will be greatly missed. He was a wonderful husband, father, and friend but from my own experience I could not have asked for a better grandfather! He had 13 grandchildren and loved each and every one of us very much. Some might even say he spoiled us. We have so many great memories with Papa. For some of the 13 it was countless hours of fishing or hunting and for others it was his stories, or maybe even just getting picked up to sit in his big apple tree over and over and over again. For most of us we could probably say it was waking up after spending the night at Papa’s house to his delicious homemade pancakes and sausage. He didn’t miss a morning!

If I were asked to offer one word to best describe my Papa it would be ‘Proud.' Not in an arrogant sort of way. He was so PROUD of all of us! He loved to tell everyone how we were doing or what we did best. I can just hear him now saying “Now that Alex…she can really sing….and Madison well she’s my little soccer player…” as he pointed to all of our pictures.

With Papa’s death I have been inspired to continue living my life to the fullest and doing what I love. Doing what would make him most proud. I believe one of those things is photography. Thank you to all of you who have given me the opportunity to continue doing what I love so very much.

To end this post I would like to share some images that mean a lot to me. My grandma and papa have always loved pictures, especially pictures of their grandkids. Their refrigerator at their home was always covered with pictures, and I mean really covered! You could hardly find the refrigerator underneath them all and there weren't enough magnets to go around so they had to be taped together. Some might call it tacky but I always loved it! I hope, that through my photography, I can help create memories that you cherish just as much as I do these.

In loving memory of my Papa. 10-29-08.





"In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again" -Mercyme

5 comments:

  1. OK, that about made me cry! I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. You have given me pictures of my girls to be proud of and I appreciate that. You do an awesome job and I know I will need you to do more photos of us in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. These pictures help me remember all the good times we had growing up with such loving grandparents. Papa, will be missed, but he lived a good life and we will see him again one day. He is in heaven playing with Plunker now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, That was a precious way to remember Pa. I know how proud he was of you and the choices you've made in your christian life. Keep on being a guiding light my love, others are watching you.

    Love,
    Aunt Libby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for sharing these memories. Papa Olin was a wonderful grandfather, who loved all UNconditionally. Not a child had to earn his love and caring. His grandfatherly love and patience enveloped his "bonus" grandsons, Lee and Zachary. Always were they welcomed and loved. We all are blessed to have known and loved Papa Olin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KRISTEN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SO PROUD OF THE WAY YOU HAVE POSTED THIS.THANK YOU FOR HONORING YOUR PAPA AND MY BROTHER.

    ReplyDelete