November 27, 2008

I AM THANKFUL...


I am thankful...

.. for the mess to clean up after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends

.. for the husband who hogs the covers every night, because he is there to snuggle when I need him

.. for the arguing over holiday plans, because it means that I have a family that loves me and wants to spend time with me

.. for the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed

.. for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat

.. for my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine capturing memories through my photography

.. for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home

.. for all the complaining I hear about the Government, because it means we have freedom of speech

.. for the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation

.. for my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm

.. for the lady behind me in church that sings off key, because it means that I can hear

.. for the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear

.. for the alarm that goes off in the early morning, because it means that I am alive

And finally.... for too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me and are trying to make me smile even when they are out of reach.

1 comment: